Pages

April 2, 2012

Suburgatory: Season 1 Episode 17

Jeremy Sisto

As I have previously stated, I don't really watch TV per se, but I can't get enough of Hulu.  It allows me to get to my shows on my terms.  Thus, I know I'm mad late with this post BUT I'm going to write it anyhow.  Another one of my favorite shows to watch on Hulu, other than New Girl, is Suburgatory.  I don't know why but I just took to this show.  Though I'm ashamed to admit the casting of the hot single dad, Jeremy Sisto, worked for me. Good job ABC.  HOWEVER, after episode 17 from Season 1 was left completely baffled.

Leading me to one major question for ABC.  Why did you cast all black women for as Dallas' sorority sisters? This wouldn't have been a question if like 50% of her sister's were black, but being that 100% were black, it seemed, well... intentional.  But I couldn't figure out exactly what ABC's intentions were.  If you wanted Tulsa to be Robin Givens you still could have accomplished this without casting an all black sorority.  I have some serious questions for you ABC... Its just strange... and we all know in TV land everything is calculated.  So what message where you trying to send ABC...  Now if left to me I can come up with several theories but tying to pinpoint which one is closest to the truth is not good enough for me. SO ABC I want to know.  Minority roles on television are already in the minority yet you choose to break the mold on one show for one minor part and cast all black/minority people.... In my opinion you have some explaining to do.

Please enjoy some selected still shots of the character Dallas (played by Cheryl Hines) and her black sorority sisters.

Dallas and her all black sorority sisters

At a reunion sleep over hosted by Dallas

Dallas finger wavin' and neck rollin' with her sorority sisters... 

Dallas and sorority sisters talking over a glass of wine

Until their get together was interrupted by Tulsa, the uninvited sorority sister

Tulsa, played by Robin Givens who looks great for her age, is supposed to be the 'compare and contrast' of Dallas




One Love

No comments: